Ask a Master Teacher!
Mission and Vision Statement >>
Our mission is to:
1) increase knowledge and understanding of local, state, and national history with an emphasis on the democratic principles of freedom, justice, and equality;
2) enhance skills for teaching history through diverse perspectives, as well as for teaching historical thinking processes and historical writing skills; and
3) create a collaborative culture in the region by creating study groups, building a cadre of teacher leaders for peer-to-peer professional development, and instituting school-museum partnerships.
Turning Points’ vision is that by the end of the grant’s term all history educators in Vermont will be:
2) infusing the methods of reading-to-discuss and writing-to-learn history into their curriculum; and
3) be active participants in teacher-driven professional development programming in American history, which models best practices and maintains strong partnerships with local museums to meet their students’ needs.